Actions are internal activities and tasks, actionable by an assigned User of your Consultation Manager system.
Action Records can be related to other Records, including Stakeholders, Properties, Events and Documents.
Depending on your system configuration, other Entities may also be related.
As part of a typical workflow, Actions will be created following and from Events.
For more on what Actions are take a look at our article: What are Actions?
Creating an Action
You can create an Action in one of two ways.
To create an Action directly, click 'New' (1) and 'Action' (2) from the navigation bar.
HINT: If creating the Action this way, remember to link other Records afterwards!
Alternatively, visit an existing Record and click on the '+' icon on the Action dock of that record (3).
When creating an Action, the User should define the following fields as pictured below:
- Project: Select the Project the Action is related to.
- Assigned To: Select which User is responsible for completing the Action. This User will be the recipient of reminder emails.
- Assigned By: Select which system User is requesting the action from a drop down menu. If left blank, this field will default to the current User.
- Action Requested: Describe the task / tasks that need to be undertaken.
- Initiated: Specify the date and time that the request for action was made.
- Deadline: Specify the date and time that the Action must be completed by.
Two additional fields should be left blank initially. These are to be completed by the "Assigned To" User:
- Action Taken: Describe the work that was undertaken in response to the request.
- Resolved: Specify the date and time at which the work was completed.
Finally, two fields, greyed out on the record, will later be automatically populated, depending on User inputs:
- Email Sent: The date and time at which the initial email was sent from the system to the responsible User.
- Action Status: Shows either Outstanding or Completed. Outstanding indicates that the Action has no Resolved date. This will update to Completed once a Resolved date has been entered and the record is saved.
After creating or editing the Action record, click 'Save' (11).
To learn How to Send and Use Action Reminder Emails, click here.