Our Email BCC feature allows Users to send emails directly into your Consultation Manager inbox and have those interactions automatically link to Stakeholders and Users. Each Project in your database has it's own Unique BCC address.
When Consultation Manager receives an email, the following will happen:
- A new Event is created and some data is pre-filled from the email.
- Subject of Email fills in Event Summary
- Body of Email fills in Stakeholder Comments
- Date email fills in Event Date
- Stakeholder and Users will be automatically linked by through matching Email Addresses
- New Stakeholders are created if an email address cannot be matched.
- Any attachments included on the email will be automatically uploaded and attached, such as meeting notes.
- The User will receive a confirmation email to notify them that the email has been received, including a link to view all emails that have been sent in. (example at the bottom of this page)
There is a limit to the size of emails allowed into the system. If the email is larger than ~20mb it may not be successfully received.
To find and process these Events in the system you can either click the email icon in the top - right hand corner of your screen, or run an search on Events for anything with the Event type "Uncategorised Email".
This will allow you to see a grid of all the emails that have been sent in for processing. You can open any of the new Emails in your workspace by clicking the blue arrow.
From here you can check all of the data and relationships that have automatically been created, as well as update other fields on the Event record to finalise. The main fields of the unfinished record that will need to be completed are Event Type, Issues/Topics and Sentiment (outlined in green below).
Note: For the email to be successfully received by the system, the email you're sending it from must match a User's in the system. If you're not a User in the system, or the email you're sending from doesn't match your profile, it will not allow the email into the system.
To find out where to get your Projects BCC address, check out this article.