We recommend that before you add any new Record, always do a quick search to check that it does not already exist. For a quick reminder of how to search, check out the article How to Search.
The below steps can be used for any Entity in the system by choosing a different option from the [ +New] button.
The [+ New] Button
Located at the top right-hand side of your screen, near the Support button, the green [+ New] button allows you to easily choose what type of new Record you want to create from a convenient drop down list. This button will not move and will always remain available regardless of what part of the system you are in.
Click the [+ New] button and select Event from the list. This will take you to a new Event Record panel in your Workspace.
How to complete a new Event Record
- Projects: For an Event Record, you will need to link the individual Record to a minimum of one Project which you have access to and have opened in your Project Tree.
- Fields: Continue to fill in as many of the relevant data fields as you can. Remember you have to complete the mandatory fields, which are shown by the red "Field is required", before the Record will save successfully.
- Summary: An Event Summary is a short descriptive title for the Event. It is used in the same way an email's subject line is used and helps you organise and search through your Events.
- Issues: Issues (Event Themes, Topics etc.), are Classifications and are used to segment your Events by the topic/s raised. Only select the most relevant options, as best practice is to select usually no more than 3-4 Classifications per Event. Common examples can include Construction Noise, Traffic, Property Access, Compensation or Damage.
- Save: Once you have linked the relevant Project/s, entered the required data, and classified the Event Record appropriately, you will need to save the Record. To save the data, or any changes you made, you need to select the [Save] Button at the top right-hand side of the Record.
Hint: If you have updated a Record, but haven't yet saved it, an asterisk (6) will appear next to the Record title indicating that there have been unsaved changes made to the Record.
Want to know how to create a Stakeholder Record from this Event Record? Click here to find out.