There are two common situations when you need to assign an Event Record to a Stakeholder Record.
A) A new Stakeholder Record has just been created and you need to assign the first interaction with the Stakeholder as an Event Record.
B) There is an existing Stakeholder Record in your system, and you are adding another interaction with them as another Event Record.
To add an Event to a Stakeholder, use the following steps:
1. Open the relevant Stakeholder Record
This could be the Stakeholder Record that you have just created (Situation A), or after you have run a search and opened the Record (Situation B).
2. On the right-hand side of the Stakeholder Record, find the Event Record Ribbon and select the [+] icon.
3. In this next screen, there are three tabs. Select the [ + Add ] tab.
4. Complete the new Event Record details and Select [Save].
HINT: You will be able to see two different [Save] buttons. The lower one (4) relates to the new Event Record and is what you should select, the other is greyed out and relates to the Stakeholder Record.
After saving the new Event Record, a pop-up will appear, allowing you to navigate either to the new Event Record or back to the Stakeholder.
If you want to add additional information like an Action Record or link additional Stakeholders to the new Event Record, choose [Open this Event] (5). If you want to return to the Stakeholder Record select [Go back to Stakeholder] (6).
7. If you choose [Go back to Stakeholder], you can see that the new Event Record has automatically linked to the Stakeholder.
If you want to know how to link an existing Event Record to an Existing Stakeholder Record, click here for more details.