To send an email from your own email domain, you must have your email domain authenticated. Check out this article here to find out how to get your email domain authenticated.
To begin working on your new email campaign, click on the Comms menu item in the top navigation bar. This will give you the option to create an SMS or an Email.
To create an Email, select Email.
This will open our Email Campaigns area where you can either:
1. Open a previously saved or sent email campaign to send or clone
2. Create a new campaign
To create a new campaign, click 'Create Campaign'.
This will open our Email Builder:
1. Builder Stages: The email builder has 5 stages to send and manage your email (this article will go through the first 4 stages). The highlighted section is the one you are currently in.
2. Campaign Name: This is where you can add a name for your campaign. This will not be viewable to recipients, but will be on the Event created after sending to help identify the corresponding Campaign.
3. Visual Builder: This is the most popular builder type, where you can easily create your email by dragging content elements into your email.
4. Text/HTML Builder: This type of builder is commonly used for heavily text based communications, or for those a bit more code savvy to completely control your email.
5. Save: Save your work at any time to reopen and continue in the email campaigns section.
6. Create: Once you've entered your Campaign Name and selected which builder to use (the rest of this article will use the Visual Builder) click Create to advance to the next stage of building your email.
The next stage is to build your email!
1. Email Subject Header: The main subject for your email your recipients will see.
2. From Email: The email the recipients will see it's come from. We highly recommend this email to be a manned email just in case one of your recipients replies. (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. From Name: The name the recipients will see the email has come from. (eg. CM Support)
4. Email Editor: This is where you can edit the sections added to your email.
5. Content Editor: Add different types of content to your email by dragging and dropping into the email editor section.
6. Test email: Enter an email address you'd like to see and a test of your email content will be sent there.
Simply drag and drop elements onto your email editor to create your email.
Once you're happy with your email, click 'Continue' to take you to the next step.
The 'Load Builder' button loads the content of your email when you come back to it after saving and navigating away.
Select who should receive your email.
1. Search: You can search for any group of Stakeholders or Users exactly the same way you would within the main search area, even using our Saved Searching function.
2. Select your recipients: Individually tick Stakeholders you want to include and click 'Add Selected', or simply click 'Add All' to add all your search results.
3. Recipients: Here is where you'll see all recipients chosen to receive this email, and the email address it will send to. If there are Stakeholders or Users you don't want to receive your email, tick those you want to remove, and click 'Remove Selected'.
4. Continue: Once you're happy with your recipients list, click 'Continue' to move to the next, and final stage before you send your email.
This final step allows you to choose what tags you want the Event created after sending the email to have.
1. Project selection: Choose the Project this campaign should be linked to.
2. Bcc: Copy in any email that should also get this email but isn't a Stakeholder or a User. For example, a shared inbox. This is optional.
3. Event Issues: What topics does this email cover that are relevant for reporting purposes?
4. Send: Once you're happy with your email, click Send to send your email to your recipients!
At any time, you can click 'Save' in the top right hand corner and come back to your email.
Want to learn how to read the statistics of your email? Check out this article.